If we were to think of mobile phones only being used to make phone calls, this would seem strange in today’s world. Research shows that there are 80+ apps installed on the average smartphone, with people on average using 9 apps per day and 30 apps per month – we’d be lost without our apps! *
In the same way, the multifunction printer (MFP) has evolved beyond simply printing, copying, scanning, faxing, and emailing. It is no longer a standalone, task specific print device. It has so much more to offer. Using Xerox® ConnectKey® Technology, the Xerox MFP has become a platform to enable digital workflow, transforming traditional printing devices into connected workplace assistants to help address the productivity, efficiency, and security needs for the modern workplace.
So, what can they do?
- Create Personalised Automated Digital Workflows
- One-Touch Access to the Cloud
- Mobile Readiness
- Add Tailored Apps
Transform your MFP with apps
To work smarter, you need access to apps and solutions that can power your business forward. By adding apps to your MFP, you can simplify time consuming and complex processes by extending your printer's capabilities in new and unexpected ways.
- Simplify and automate key business processes
- Convert printed documents into more usable, digital formats
- Connect directly to your industry-specific tools and apps
- Allow mobile workers to print and scan on the go
- Connect directly to cloud storage solutions
With these capabilities, your employees can tackle their most time-consuming processes such as Accounting, Invoicing, Expenses and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and be more productive and more connected.
Here are just some of the apps that are available:
- Xerox® Connect App for Salesforce: Access Salesforce CRM right at the print device. Upload and share sales management information to client folders by scanning the documents directly into Salesforce.
- Xerox® Touchless Access App: Helps keep your employees safe by reducing the need to touch shared multifunction devices. The app enables users to access printing, scanning and copying services via their mobile devices.
- Xerox® Audio Documents App: Securely transform hard copy documents into audio files, so commuters or multitaskers can listen on the go or provide an accessible alternative to reading documents
- Xerox® Connect App for Concur: Enjoy hassle-free expense reimbursement with multi-receipt scanning. Receipt data is directly imported into an expense report.
- Xerox® Forms Manager App: Simplifies management of multiple forms while reducing paper-based filing data loss risks. With intelligent routing capabilities via embedded QR codes, scanned forms are automatically routed to the appropriate email address.
- Xerox® Auto-Redaction App: Anonymise private or confidential data from your documents. Simple templates remove sensitive data throughout the document.
ConnectKey® Technology-enabled devices support common functions that work similarly on every device, so users learn apps just once and can apply their knowledge fleet-wide. Swipe and tap your way through simplified workflows on a large, colourful, tablet-like screen. When a digital workflow travels across a ConnectKey® Technology-enriched fleet, the user experience is always consistent — regardless of model — and nothing encourages productivity like a familiar process.
And that is one of the many reasons that Keypoint Intelligence recently recognised Xerox as the 2019–2020 leader in the MFP Platform and App Ecosystem.
Want to learn more?